top of page

Macon couple looking to buy abandoned home finds dead body

Updated: Jan 9, 2019

MACON, Ga. (AP) — A couple looking to buy an abandoned house made a grim discovery.

News outlets report that the couple called 911 around noon Wednesday after finding a decomposing body in the house in an industrial district just south of downtown Macon.

The Telegraph newspaper reported that Bibb County Deputy Coroner Lonnie Miley said the man had been dead for at least six days.

Coroner Leon Jones said he was able to identify the man as Arthur Williams because he was wearing a medical alert bracelet with his name on it.

Miley told the newspaper the case is being investigated as a "suspicious death." An autopsy is to be carried out by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab.

Anyone with information is urged to call authorities.


REPRINTED FROM wrdw.com







Comments


Commenting has been turned off.
Contact Us

3401 Enterprise Place

Suite 340-435

Beachwood, OH 44122

216.766.5705

Connect with us

NEWSLETTER

Don't Face Prosecution Alone, Help is Free.

501C(3) Disclosure: The AHP is not a charitable organization and does not accept or solicit charitable donations.

By using this site, you agree to our terms of use as set forth in our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

 

bottom of page